ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Despite Being Bullied, This Girl with 500 Birthmarks Finds Beauty in Being Different

How does one define beauty?  Beauty may be defined differently based on the beholder's perspective.  And while others may consider being beautiful by having a flawless skin or white complexion, this girl proved that beauty can be perceived in a different way.

Alba Parejo who was born in Barcelona, Spain was born with countless birthmarks.   She was diagnosed of having congenital melanocytic which made her body to be covered with dark patches, hairy skin and lots of moles all over her body.

Photo : Daily Mail
When she was 5 years old, her parents tried to find a way to lessen the markings by letting her undergo 30 surgeries but they weren't perfectly successful because they also left some scars behind.

Growing up, having many moles and marks, Alba did not escaped the bullying from the people around her. She was tagged as a "dalmatian" or an "alien" for looking different and her bashers even said she won't be able to find a man who will love her for her condition.


Photo : Alba Parejo/Facebook



I was very embarrassed and ashamed  to let people see my nevus and scars, because I was insecure about my body because of all the bad comments I had heard,” Alba expressed her thoughts.
But as time went on, I realized that my moles, scars and my nevus is a big part of me both physically and psychologically,” she said with confidence.

Instead of being sorry for her condition, Alba learned how to accept being different and embraced her uniqueness which eventually put an end to the issues thrown to her by her critics and bashers. 

She got surprised when she posted her picture on her Instagram account and gained many likes and tweets.  The support accorded to her by people on social media  made Alba feel the confidence that she never had before.  


With the confidence that she had, she was able to join a competition which made her a model for ads in Spain for empowerment campaigns with her birthmarks.

                                                        Photo : Alba Parejo/Facebook

"I love it when people tell me I have changed their life for the better for that reason, I want to keep showing myself," Alba said. 

With the acceptance given to her which helped her gain her confidence, Alba hoped people like her with the same condition would learn how to embrace their uniqueness and enjoy life the way they should.




  


No comments:

Post a Comment